Hopefully we can all celebrate Fourth of July in 2023 again. Since July 4th, 1776 the US celebrates Independence Day on July 4th to commemorate the Declaration of Independence. From parades, fireworks, battle reenactments and readings to barbecues and contests, there are many ways to celebrate freedom and more and more cities are offering events in person. Here you can find how cities at the east coast celebrates USA’s 245th birthday!
1. Watch a Parade and Fireworks at Boston Harborfest
2. Commemorate the Battle of Gettysburg in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
3. Listen to Live Music and Eat Hoagies in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4. Attend a Reading of the Declaration of Independence in Colonial Williamsburg, Virginia
5. Talk to Dead Presidents at Mount Rushmore in Keystone, South Dakota
6. Celebrate at America’s Oldest Fourth of July Celebration in Bristol, Rhode Island
Don’t miss the oldest Fourth of July festival in Rhode Island. The Bristol 4th of July celebration starts on Flag Day, June 14. In 2023 the celebration includes a 2.5-mile Military, Civic, and Firemen’s Parade, fireworks, and a Fourth of July Ball at the Marine Museum.
7. Paint Fences during the National Tom Sawyer Days in Hannibal, Missouri
8. Watch Flyovers and Fireworks in Washington, D.C.